cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Image thumbnail not showing up, only generic icon when i goto 'camera uploads' to try to attach

Image thumbnail not showing up, only generic icon when i goto 'camera uploads' to try to attach imag

mm-nyc
Helpful | Level 5

hi, i just had to reinstall my pc, reinstall dropbox, etc.. all good.

but in outlook i goto attahc an image, i goto my 'dropbox\camera uploads\ folder, and all i see are generic blue iconsicon.png, not the thumbnail image... how can i select the right attachment if i cnanot see it?

this also happens when i use windows explorer, and i goto 'dropbox\ (any dropbox folde with images in it)
help!
ive got the dropbox sync on, its not paused... it was worknig fine before i had to reinstall. so i know it can work.

not sure what options need to be edited, but  dropbox is worthless like this

thx

49 Replies 49

ramblingsu
Helpful | Level 5

I'm having this same issue of thumbnails not showing up. I recently installed Dropbox on a new computer and am having this issue. Please message me directly if you can help as you did others, moderators!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey @ramblingsu!

Can you just confirm for me, does this only occur when you make a file available locally on your computer by double clicking the file to open it?

If you make one of these files online only through the right click menu, and afterwards make it local through the same right click menu, do you see the thumbnail appear then?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ramblingsu
Helpful | Level 5

It happens whether I change to to Local or Online Only.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
I see, thanks for confirming @ramblingsu.

Which version of the app do you have installed at the moment?

Also, what OS version is your device running?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ramblingsu
Helpful | Level 5

Windows 10

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for that info @ramblingsu!

Does the current sync status show it's "up to date", or "syncing"?

Also, could you just send along a screenshot of the icons that you're seeing for your files at the moment?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ramblingsu
Helpful | Level 5

Up to date.Screenshot 2021-03-31 082014.png

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Awesome, thanks for that @ramblingsu!

I've just sent you an email, so please check your inbox when you have the time and we can go from there. Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ambenisar
Helpful | Level 6

I'm also having this same issue.

Would it not be helpful to all DropBox users to simply post the solution here, instead of messaging individual users privately????

Immortaleye
Helpful | Level 6

What would be helpful is for them to finally resolve it. This has been going on for a while now and I am not sure if I will hold off much longer before choosing an alternative.

Currently the only offering has been to suggest switching the folder from local to online then back again. Which in may case can mean doing this several times a week, and that is before I fire back up after lockdown and start shooting several times a day. 

Need more support?