cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Image thumbnail not showing up, only generic icon when i goto 'camera uploads' to try to attach

Re: Image thumbnail not showing up, only generic icon when i goto 'camera uploads' to try to attach

ramblingsu
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having this same issue of thumbnails not showing up. I recently installed Dropbox on a new computer and am having this issue. Please message me directly if you can help as you did others, moderators!

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @ramblingsu!

Can you just confirm for me, does this only occur when you make a file available locally on your computer by double clicking the file to open it?

If you make one of these files online only through the right click menu, and afterwards make it local through the same right click menu, do you see the thumbnail appear then?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ramblingsu
Explorer | Level 4

It happens whether I change to to Local or Online Only.

Daphne
Dropboxer
I see, thanks for confirming @ramblingsu.

Which version of the app do you have installed at the moment?

Also, what OS version is your device running?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ramblingsu
Explorer | Level 4

Windows 10

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for that info @ramblingsu!

Does the current sync status show it's "up to date", or "syncing"?

Also, could you just send along a screenshot of the icons that you're seeing for your files at the moment?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ramblingsu
Explorer | Level 4

Up to date.Screenshot 2021-03-31 082014.png

Daphne
Dropboxer
Awesome, thanks for that @ramblingsu!

I've just sent you an email, so please check your inbox when you have the time and we can go from there. Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

ambenisar
Explorer | Level 4

I'm also having this same issue.

Would it not be helpful to all DropBox users to simply post the solution here, instead of messaging individual users privately????

Immortaleye
Explorer | Level 4

What would be helpful is for them to finally resolve it. This has been going on for a while now and I am not sure if I will hold off much longer before choosing an alternative.

Currently the only offering has been to suggest switching the folder from local to online then back again. Which in may case can mean doing this several times a week, and that is before I fire back up after lockdown and start shooting several times a day. 

Need more support?