cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Images uploaded from computer to Paper docs become unable to preview a few seconds later

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey there, I'm having an issue when uploading images from disk to a Paper: they break in a few seconds after I've uploaded them (see screenshot). Could you please advice? Cheers!

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 16.22.42 PM.png 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Images get broken after a few secs

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. The issues with Dropbox Paper images have now been resolved.

If you continue to notice any unusual behavior, please let us know!

Thanks,

Richard

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Been happening with to me (as well) since yesterday. Some images stay while others become broken. Doesn't matter if it's a jpeg or png.  Please help 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

same here happened here... please help.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all, 

Thanks for raising this problem. Dropbox Paper engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

Please note that your images should be safe, and we expect them to be restored as soon as this problem is fixed.

Sorr for any inconvenience this has caused. We'll be updating our Twitter account @DropboxSupport with updates from our status page if you'd like to follow along.

Thanks,

Richard

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes, I encouter exactaly the same issue. Good to know Paper engineers are working on it. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. The issues with Dropbox Paper images have now been resolved.

If you continue to notice any unusual behavior, please let us know!

Thanks,

Richard

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am seeing the same issue on a dropbox paper document I've created.

I have a document with lots of images, and about half the images that say "User-uploaded-image" instead of showing the actual image.

Here's what the image looks like
Divi and VV one year in – Dropbox Paper 2017-09-02 13-13-20.png

How do I restore my original images?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This is still an issue for me. I receive the "user-uploaded image: image.png" message intermittently. Then they come back, but this is not good when using Paper for presentations in my classes, even if the images come back later. It happens for images pasted from the web via links and images uploaded from my own computer.

unlike the OP, my messages just say genericaly "image.png." It doesn't say the actual filename of the image.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey!

I have the same issue today with my docs - are you aware of any issues from your side?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @KosK - Welcome to our Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can you please let me know if this is persistent on other browsers as well? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or an incognito window as a first step to see if this is a browser specific problem?

If you still get this error, send us a screenshot of it and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?