cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InDesign recalling deleted folders to my desktop

Highlighted

InDesign recalling deleted folders to my desktop

New member | Level 2

Has anyone experienced InDesign recalling deleted folders to your desktop? When I say "recall" I mean the folder reappears after being deleted.

This is what has been happening for the past couple of weeks (it's only happening to me with InDesign....no other Adobe product and no other application that I use):

My workflow:

I open an InDesign file from a synced Dropbox folder, save it to my desktop, use it as a template to create another project, then use InDesign's Package feature to package the project in a new folder with all of its assets; finally, I move or copy the new folder from my desktop into the synced Dropbox folder. If for some reason I copy instead of move, I delete the folder from my desktop.

What is now happening: 

After moving the new project folder from the desktop to the synced Dropbox folder, the folder no longer exists on my desktop -- its either been moved or deleted. But, when I open any InDesign file from any synced Dropbox folder (it doesn't have to be the original file that I used as a template for the new project), any folder that I deleted or removed from the desktop is recalled (reappears) on the desktop. And it's only the folder -- the contents of the folder aren't recalled. If I delete the folder, the next InDesign file I open from a synced Dropbox folder will cause the folder to recall again. I just keep all of the recalled folders huddled on my desktop, then delete them before signing-off for the day. Then the next day it starts all over.

Just tested this: 

The same thing happens if I just create the new packaged folder within the synced Dropbox folder. Instead of the deleted folder recalling to my desktop, it recalls to that Dropbox folder.

Has or is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: InDesign recalling deleted folders to my desktop

Super User II

Follow the same work flow, but instead of moving the folder into Dropbox, move it to another location on your drive (eliminating Dropbox from the equation). Does InDesign still recreate the folder on your Desktop? If so, you should try asking about this on the Adobe forums, as I suspect this has nothing to do with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Super User II

Follow the same work flow, but instead of moving the folder into Dropbox, move it to another location on your drive (eliminating Dropbox from the equation). Does InDesign still recreate the folder on your Desktop? If so, you should try asking about this on the Adobe forums, as I suspect this has nothing to do with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks! I didn't think about testing for that. You were right, it still did it without Dropbox being in the equation. I'll contact Adobe. Thanks again!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

This exact thing has been happening to me too. I've tried to delete the InDesign folder or simply relocate it to a new folder somewhere else within Dropbox – but it reappears shortly later. I've also tried dragging it to my desktop, but it shows up there later too after being deleted. Similar to you, the mysterious folder doesn't contain the source file either. Let me know if you find a solution, it's very frustrating for my version control and workflow.

Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi, yes, it was very frustrating for me as well. But, after making the recent Adobe CC updates, the issue resolved. I suggest udating all of your Adobe CC software to the most recent, and if that doesn't resolve the issue, contact Adobe. There's a chat service on the Adobe Help Center page. Hope this helps!!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks Rick. I'll give the Adobe update a try. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?