cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Timestamp shown to uploaded files

Incorrect Timestamp shown to uploaded files

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I noticed yesterday that the timestamp on my uploaded and edited files are anywhere between 6 and 9 hours earlier. My Time zone settings are set correctly.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Frank_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all,

The issue of incorrect modified dates showing on files uploaded via our website should now be fixed for all users. If anyone is still seeing files showing an incorrect modified time versus the timezone setting on their account please let me know!

Regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

78 Replies 78

Rusty3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It is not an OS problem.  It happens to me on windows 10, an old 7 that I have and 8

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution
This really sounds like an Office365-related issue. The timestamp on the file is reflecting the time zone of the Microsoft server you are accessing at the time, is my guess. That would explain why the wrong time zone is only occurring on 365 documents.

Have you opened a support ticket with Dropbox? Dropbox.com/support

Btw, there are two issues here. The original poster of this question had a problem due to the use of Windows XP. The subsequent comments are actually a symptomatically-similar but causally different issue, related to the use of Office365. I wanted to clear that up, before it causes confusion. Incorrect timestamps in web browsers under Windows XP are a known issue and not related to Dropbox.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
What platform and what applications is this occurring in? What Dropbox version are you running? The more details you can provide, the easier it will be to assist you.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey SusanR, welcome aboard & thanks for reaching out here regarding this matter, I hope you’re doing well today!

So as to further investigate & assist you on this matter (as we’d need to work on a specific example),  I’d recommend writing in to us here: https://www.dropbox.com/support?ref=dropboxsupport, in order to check your account-specific details internally on our tools. Once you get in touch with us, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I make sure this request is handled as soon as possible. 

Thanks again for your cooperation & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
My issue still had not been resolved by Dropbox after 5 days. My uploaded and modified files in Excel online are showing the wrong times, about 7 hours in the past, and I cannot fix it. I am using Windows 8.1, Excel 2016 in Office 365, and all other times are set properly. CST in what my Dropbox needs to be set on, but that no longer appears in the Settings, and only UTC shows.

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
And GMT at times. It was working just fine for the past couple of Months, and suddenly started displaying the incorrect times. I have received numerous emails from Dropbox that it is being looked into, but it's been 5 days!

Johnsonlimkl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just uploaded a file..  The time of my location (5.35pm) doesnt showed correct on updated time (1.05am) on DB. How can I correct this ? Even my setting on "time zone" both DB and my computer are correct.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

All I can suggest is recontacting support at http://dropbox.zendesk.com, but, as Excel is actually provided by Microsoft it maybe that they need to work with them to resolve the issue. Also, i know you said it was 5 days but please remember they only work Mon-Fri so weekends do not count.

Also, if you are not a paying user initial replies are usually three days or so as priority is (rightly) given to paid subscribers. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
How are you uploading the file; using the Dropbox client on your computer, the Dropbox website, or a mobile device? What version of Dropbox are you running? If a mobile device, what platform and version?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    RachForsyth Explorer | Level 4
    Morgan101010 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?