cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Timestamp shown to uploaded files

Incorrect Timestamp shown to uploaded files

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I noticed yesterday that the timestamp on my uploaded and edited files are anywhere between 6 and 9 hours earlier. My Time zone settings are set correctly.

78 Replies 78

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I worked with Office yesterday and there aren't any issues on their end. It's only when I use Excel online in Dropbox. My Excel files themselves in Office have the correct times.

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
My timestamp issue in Dropbox isn't only Office 365. I uploaded some files yesterday unrelated to Office and those showed the times as 7 hours in the past.

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution
Can you please briefly describe the steps you took which produced the issue? Also, are you using the Dropbox client or web interface? And what operating system/device?

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I'm using Windows 8.1. I uploaded Excel files into Dropbox and they are now displaying incorrect times these files were modified. There hasn't been a problem until 5 days ago and I can't get it resolved.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You haven't described the process you're using. Are you placing the files in your local Dropbox folder and allowing the Dropbox client to sync them, are you using the Dropbox website to upload them? The more information you can provide about the process, the easier it will be to help you troubleshoot.

Kevin M.33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This isn't happening for me anymore, but when it was happening for me:

• Noted the date/time of an Excel file in the Dropbox web interface
  • In the Dropbox web interface, click on file to view, then click on "Open" button to open the file in Excel online
  • change a couple of cells
  • Click "Save and Exit to Dropbox" in Excel Online
  • Note that the file time in now 7 hours off of my current date/time (which was the exact offset of my timezone from GMT).
  • Note that the same file time (7 hours off) was reflected in the synced copy on my desktop.
  • Open the synced file from my desktop.  Changed a few cells.  Saved.
  • Noted the synced copy file time was now "correct".
  • Noted that the file time on the Dropbox web interface was also "correct".

I think this was corrected when the Dropbox web interface changed.

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I don't know how to explain this any better. I "Open" a file using Excel online that has for the past 6 weeks been edited and modified, from my Dropbox folders; work on it awhile, save my changes, and the file almost immediately dipslays the time 7 hours off. This was not happening until 5 days ago. I have not changed any settings or anything else, so you tell me. 

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Kevin. I'm going to try again. It still showed the time 7 hours off when I tried a few minutes ago but I will try again. I'm glad you got it resolved.

Johnsonlimkl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi.....i upload direct into dropbox websites. All the while is working perfectly, the error only started last friday. Even i tried to clear all browsing history/cookies, change log in password, removed the files and start upload new files. It still same error.

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same problem here, and mine started Friday also, or maybe Thursday evening. Let me know if you get this resolved, and how please. I am not getting much help on here, and being asked questions to my questions that I can't answer for lack of understanding talking in codes. 🙂

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    RachForsyth Explorer | Level 4
    Morgan101010 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?