cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect error message stating that I do not have enough storage

Incorrect error message stating that I do not have enough storage

mbn0505
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone!

My Dropbox app (iPhone 11 Pro) is giving me an incorrect error message stating that I do not have enough space to continue with my photo backup. This is completely wrong and I have plenty of space left. I verified on the Dropbox website that I have 5.15 Gb of unused space. This issue has persisted for several months ever since Dropbox rolled out their new Desktop app. Today the camera upload feature was initially working but stopped after several hundred photos. My goal is to have my phone upload photos which then sync to my computer, at which point I back them up to an external hard drive and delete them from my Dropbox making more space to continue with my photo backup. I have regularly done this in the past with no issues. Is anyone experiencing the same issue or knows how to resolve it?

Thank you in advance!

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrect error message stating that I do not have enough storage

Jay
Dropboxer
According to the Dropbox mobile app, how much free quota do you have?

Do you have any large videos in your camera roll that could be greater than the quota on your account, which would prevent the upload from continuing?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @mbn0505, thanks for providing these details!

How much free space space do you have left on your iPhone itself, according to the Settings app?

Could you forward a screenshot of the error message you're getting so we can assist further, as well as a screenshot of the quota available in the Dropbox app (while hiding personal details).

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mbn0505
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay!

I appreciate your quick response, thank you!

I have 178 Gb remaining on my iPhone and plenty of storage remaining online. The screenshots are attached. Some additional background on this issue is that it has been occurring both on my iPhone and iPad ever since the new desktop application was launched. It almost seems like Dropbox is allocating a upload quota to each device. Once I reach 2 GB for the day, I can no longer upload until that resets. Let me know your thoughts! 

Michael Dropbox app on iPhone 11 ProDropbox app on iPhone 11 ProSpace allotment on Dropbox websiteSpace allotment on Dropbox website

Jay
Dropboxer
According to the Dropbox mobile app, how much free quota do you have?

Do you have any large videos in your camera roll that could be greater than the quota on your account, which would prevent the upload from continuing?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

mbn0505
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

The Dropbox mobile app says I'm only using 30%. Your other suggestion appears to have solved it! I deleted files to free up 85% of my storage and the camera uploads resumed on my iPhone. There was a 5.3 GB video that was stuck... Is there an error/status log to see if that was the only file causing the issue?

Thank you so much!

Michael

Jay
Dropboxer
I'm glad to hear that the files were able to upload, @mbn0505.

There aren't any logs on the mobile app that are accessible, however, if the camera uploads feature is working now, then it would seem that the file was too large for your account.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?