cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indefinitely syncing external drive

Indefinitely syncing external drive

Ricardo_E
Helpful | Level 5

I started syncing one of my external hard drives a month ago, but then decided to stop it. Deleted all the contents of the hard drive in dropbox directory + dropbox.com and, to the best of my understanding, cancelled the synchronization. Nevertheless, the app has uninterrupted the message "downloading XXX-external-drive..." I tried a lot (sync-history, activity, help from community…) but I am still unable to get rid of the downloading status at the app. Any ideas? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Indefinitely syncing external drive

Ricardo_E
Helpful | Level 5

As apparently it was not possible to identify the real issue, the support team suggested to uninstall Dropbox and to download and install the newest version of it. After following the procedure the problem was solved and the issue addresed. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Ricardo_E, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly for further assistance on this matter

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ricardo_E
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for the reply. Just sent an e-mail to the support team and got the following:

Ticket #14717874: DB: Indefinitely syncing external drive

Thank you for any help.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks, I've added your comments to the ticket to prioritize it to expedite matters on your behalf.

I can see that the support agent has emailed you a reply. They should be able to assist you in more detail if you reply to their message.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ricardo_E
Helpful | Level 5

As apparently it was not possible to identify the real issue, the support team suggested to uninstall Dropbox and to download and install the newest version of it. After following the procedure the problem was solved and the issue addresed. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ricardo_E Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?