cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Application

Invalid Application

kjemery13
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

I'm in need of some help.  I'm a bookkeeper new to Dropbox.  I had a client send me their 2020 bank statements to me through here since it's more secure that way.  When I try to preview on Dropbox I get a blank page with the small words Invalid Application.  That's it.  I tried downloading it to my own dropbox, to my computer, I tried viewing as PDF.  No dice.  Please help!  I will contact the client and ask her to resend but I want to provide more guidance other than hoping it will work the second time.  Thank you! 

5 Replies 5

Re: Invalid Application

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @kjemery13, thanks for posting your question here!

Can I ask how your client shared the statement with you? Was it through a shared link?

Also, if you have a screenshot of the error, please send it my way. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kjemery13
Explorer | Level 3

The First image is what I see If i try to view any of the documents she sent.  And the second is the email I reviewed. I just clicked on the button on the email "go to folder". 

dropbox ss2.PNGdropbox ss1.PNG

Lori
Dropboxer

Thanks so much for the screenshots @kjemery13

If you try previewing them using a different browser, or an incognito tab, do you get the same results? 

Since downloading the content doesn't work either, that means the files were uploaded that way. I'd suggest asking the client to re-share the folder with you. 

Let me know of any updates.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kjemery13
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the suggestions.  I've tried it originally in Chrome, now I've done Incognito and Explorer with no avail.  I will request for her to re-share the file and see if that works.  

Lori
Dropboxer
Take all the time you need @kjemery13.

I'd love to hear back on this, and see if re-sharing did the trick.

Cheers.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    kjemery13 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?