cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Invalid Files after relocating files

Explorer | Level 3

Why are 90% of my files saying invalid and how to I fix them?  This happened after trying to create space one my IMacAir.  I have attached a screen shot.

BD935C32-2A2B-40E7-8B16-B32AAAB62F46.png

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Invalid Files after relocating files

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Bluffcoast, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

As a first step, could you let me know the following:

• When you mention that you relocated the folders, did you move them from another location within or from outside the Dropbox folder?
  • What does the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock show when you hover over it? Please make sure to check the device that's shown on the file names (as per your screenshot). 

Any additional info would be very helpful to get a better understanding of your concern. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I had an old macbookair that i need more space on so I dragged the files from dropbox over to an external hardrive and now most of my files are showing invalid.

Here is a photo of the drop down of dropbox icon next to the clock.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 2.56.30 PM.pngI do not have that macbook air anymore.  I am not to good with computers I just how to use them and not how and why they work.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming that for me, @Bluffcoast

I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can have a better look into this.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?