cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ios11.0.1 “Cannot save file” error saving from Office apps to Dropbox

Ios11.0.1 “Cannot save file” error saving from Office apps to Dropbox

Malmacdowall
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Issues since latest ios11.0.1 update on IPad. 

Error in excel, word, PowerPoint when “Save as” and selecting a Dropbox file.

Error message is “Cannot Save File.  That file name wont work because it includes invalid characters or it’s too long. Please try a different name. “ 

Have tried saving the file with the file name A but still have same issue. 

Same error is generated when exporting as a PDF to Dropbox. 

Had been working fine until recent update of both iOS, Dropbox and office apps. 

No issues creating pdf or saving as different name to other cloud drives and to ipad. 

36 Replies 36

GloriP
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Your solution to export etc is messy. It is a lot of work.

GloriP
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So true, finger pointing, apple->Ms->dropbox.   

Tundragal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also having the same problem on iPad Pro. I have a bunch of files with yellow triangles and exclamation points saying the files have not been uploaded, upload failed. I have tried deleting and reconnecting dropbox and it doens’t work. Also get the yellow ribbon on top of documents saying there is problem and the file can’t be uploaded. I am them prompted to save a copy and sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t. 

I work remotely often and this is a critical function. It appears this issue has been identified some time ago. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Tundragal, welcome to our community! 

Can you please make sure that you’ve updated the Microsoft apps on your iPad Pro, and try again? 

If you continue to experience the issue, then we should put you in touch with our support team for further investigation. If that’s the case, you can submit a support ticket here, or I can initiate one for you, using the email address associated with your forum profile. 

Let me know! 
Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

sim61
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

All of my Microsoft and Dropbox apps have been updated, and my OS system, I have been experiencing the same issue and your support team just told me its not a problem with Dropbox go to Microsoft.  If you are going to offer a service that is meant to be inclusive/integrated make sure it works.  At this time I have been experiencing this issue for months and for a frequest business traveler who works primarily from their iPad Pro and iPhone this is extremely frustrating.  

What is the solution?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sim61, welcome to our forum! 

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Have you tried unlinking and relinking your Dropbox account from the Microsoft Office app? If not, give this a try: 

To unlink a Dropbox account from an Office Mobile app:
  1. Open the Office Mobile app.
  2. Tap the folder icon.
  3. From the list of places, tap and hold Dropbox.
  4. Once you've held your finger on Dropbox for a few seconds, a trash can icon will appear in the top right corner of the screen. Tap the trash can to remove Dropbox from the Office Mobile app.
To re-link a Dropbox account to an Office Mobile app:
  1. Open the Office Mobile app.
  2. Tap the folder icon.
  3. Tap Add a place.
  4. Tap Dropbox.
  5. Tap Allow next to the Dropbox account listed (if you're already signed in to the Dropbox app). Or, to link a new Dropbox account, tap Use a different account. You'll be directed to a browser window where you can enter the credentials for the Dropbox account you'd like to connect.

I hope this helps. Let me know. 

Have a great weekend :sunglasses:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Hforbis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Interesting thing happening. I am in Malaysia, and everything is syncing together perfectly. For the past six or eight months in the US, it hasn’t worked. Maybe coincidence, who knows?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hforbis New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    sim61 New member | Level 2
    Tundragal New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?