cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dropbox Down Today, 10/4/2021

Is Dropbox Down Today, 10/4/2021

Pinkdream
New member | Level 2

Is Dropbox down? I've been trying to fix this issue all morning to no avail. I show in my setting that I have used 9.49 GB of 2.75 GB of storage. HOWEVER, I have 20-22 GB of storage that is not showing available to me now. I'm discovering that other people seem to be having issues with Dropbox along with Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, & other social media sites today. Is this the issue that I'm experiencing with my Dropbox storage right now???? Thanks for any help you can provide!!!!

7 Replies 7

Re: Is Dropbox Down Today, 10/4/2021

Mark
Super User II

Hi

No Dropbox isnt down.

You can check your quota and available quote at www.dropbox.com/account. Why do you think its not all there? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Pinkdream
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark!

The reason that I "think its not all there" is because within Dropbox it states that I have used 9.49 GB (which I concur) of only 2.75 GB of storage.  Thus, Dropbox thinks I'm over my storage limit.  However, I've been at approx 9 GB for quite some time.  I know that I have 20-22 GB of total storage, so this hasn't been a problem.  Only this morning, my storage says I only have 2.75 GB and I can't obviously save, sync, etc.  While doing a quick Google search, I observed that others were having Dropbox issues and not sure why its tied to the social media issues that FaceBook, Instagram, and others are also facing today.  

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @Pinkdream, thanks for taking the time to post! 

It sounds to me like you might have had a promo code that expired, hence why the storage decreased. 

Could this be the case? 

Waiting for your reply!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pinkdream
New member | Level 2

Hi Lori,

Thanks for trying to help.  I don't think that my issue is with a promo code expiring.  I've held 20-22 GB of storage for at least 7-8 years. 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @Pinkdream

Would it be possible for me to reach out to your Community email, so we can look deeper into this? 

Keep me posted.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pinkdream
New member | Level 2

Yes, Lori, that would be fine. Thank you!

Lori
Dropboxer
Happy Tuesday @Pinkdream!

I've sent you an email, and I'll be more than happy to help in any way possible.

Feel free to reply back as soon as you can.

​​​​​​​Cheers!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Pinkdream New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?