cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dropbox Paper dead in the water?

Is Dropbox Paper dead in the water?

Helpful | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I really like how Dropbox Paper works and I would love to move all my work from other alternatives to work only in Paper. But I'm a bit worried that Dropbox ignores Paper at this point and don't improve it. The last "news" to Paper was on March 5 which is a very long time ago. And I don't want to work in a tool that the developers doesn't want to improve.

Anyone know how the development around Paper will be going forward?

Thanks and have a nice day all.

2 Replies 2

Re: Is Dropbox Paper dead in the water?

Explorer | Level 4

I completely agree with you, and it seems that we've gotten our answer with the lack of an answer.

Re: Is Dropbox Paper dead in the water?

Collaborator | Level 9

@exzrael Thanks for sharing. I had not thought about it in these terms. It's true I have not recently seen many updates to Paper itself, and from what I've been able to see in the latest Space Beta, most of the focus is in Spaces. 

This being said, the way I see it, Paper is an integral part of the Spaces experience, and I cannot image it going away any time soon. I sure hope it does not aas I moved all my business workflow, for yself and my team to it over the past 4 months. 

From what I understand, there is work underway for a Mac nativle Paper client with off-line support. That would be a huge improvement. I've also seen other rquests as accepted by the team, which makes me thnk there is work going on. 

It would be great though, some form of clarification from Dopbox that Paper remains central and healthy in the future product roadmaps. 

Just out of curiosity, what features are you hoping to see that Paper does not have today? Thanks. m. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?