cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dropbox support not capable of Japanese or logic?

Is Dropbox support not capable of Japanese or logic?

templa_3
New member | Level 2

Is it possible to set up access restrictions for individual accounts to individual folders in a corporate account? When I inquired about this, I just wanted to make sure that since I am currently using a NAS, migrating my data from there would not change much in terms of usage, etc.? I just wanted to make sure. But all I got was, "We don't support NAS," even though the data on the NAS is the first thing to be migrated and is completely irrelevant after that.
Is someone who doesn't understand such logic in charge of the support desk? Or is it a person with a Japanese name, but who actually only understands English with translation software, or is it a response by artificial intelligence?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 Reply 1

Re: Is Dropbox support not capable of Japanese or logic?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @templa_3, thanks for joining the Community.

In general, access restrictions could be done in a Dropbox Business team using team folders, and then shared folders to individual users or groups. Folders can also be restricted by the team admin.

Just to clarify, regarding the NAS, is your Dropbox folder located on a NAS drive, or are you migrating all your data from a NAS to Dropbox for the first time, and then continuing to work from Dropbox?

Our support team is staffed by Japanese agents, and not AI or machine translated text.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?