cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possibile collate documents in one file into a folders?

Is it possibile collate documents in one file into a folders?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone,

I am regular Dropbox user. 

I state, I used for a long time old Paperport and before Papermaster software to archive e manage many documents. These applications basically allowed to mantain docs in one o more folders, give them keywords in local or external repository. Above of all, those software, allow to collate one o more documents of the same type in one bigger. For example I could collect multiple pdf documents in the same file. I could also do the contrary: break collections and separate a single docs from group.

Now the question is: may I do the same with Dropbox? I tried to find a similar function, but it seems to me it is impossible.

Is there anyone that knows how to do that, or is it impossible?

Many thanks

Pasquale from Italy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possibile collate documents in one file into a folders?

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that was of some help @Paspiz!

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to give me a shout here. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dropboxer

Hey there @Paspiz, thanks for reaching out!

From what I understand, you'd like to be able to have some files appear in multiple folders, without making copies of the file, right?

For collating and breaking down documents, this could be done through the online integrations (if you're using the website primarily), or through local apps on your mobile or desktop device.

For example, the "Smallpdf" integration online allows you to merge and split PDF documents.

I hope this helps, looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne

although the meaning of my question wasn't exactly that, it seems that Smallpdf can help me.

Thanks from Pasquale

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that was of some help @Paspiz!

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to give me a shout here. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

hi @daphe. Next to the mentioned solution i recomment that you can use 'snelkoppeling' = shortcuts in certain folders to fastly go to the document from multiple folders, without duplicating the file. 

i am looking for a way to tag files, could you vote for this suggestion? https:confused face:/www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Can-we-have-tags-on-files-and-photos/idi-p/5515 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?