cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is that Possible to Counter Notice in Dropbox to recover Deleted Files

Is that Possible to Counter Notice in Dropbox to recover Deleted Files

pikitemplates
New member | Level 2

We are a web designing agency we planned to use dropbox for storing files to share publically later we use box.com platform when somebody sent fake DMCA notice, the files will be removed but after I made counter-notice and box.com says we are not able recover your publicly shared files links

Is there is in dropbox, I just want to know dropbox is able to restore my files and their generated links which I shared publically with my customers 

waiting for response 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is that Possible to Counter Notice in Dropbox to recover Deleted Files

Mark
Super User II

Hi @pikitemplates 

If you get a DCMA the files themselves are not removed only the links - and often its just access to the link (i.e. its not deleted the person just goes to a dead end). So, if the DCMA is receded it should start working again. However, I would not 100% guarantee that - if you are regularly sharing data which doesnt change frequently etc. I'd suggest looking at a proper hosting system

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @pikitemplates 

If you get a DCMA the files themselves are not removed only the links - and often its just access to the link (i.e. its not deleted the person just goes to a dead end). So, if the DCMA is receded it should start working again. However, I would not 100% guarantee that - if you are regularly sharing data which doesnt change frequently etc. I'd suggest looking at a proper hosting system

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

pikitemplates
New member | Level 2
I have no words how are you say you thanks

You have explained in very detail.

Please can you suggest me any third party good hosting where I can host my website files

Please its a request
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pikitemplates New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?