cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a comprehensive manual for dropbox?

Is there a comprehensive manual for dropbox?

Ilfracombe
Explorer | Level 3

I am completely lost with dropbox. It seems to be doing what I think it should do, but I keep seeing messages that I could do more, and I can't find any full and comprehensive manuals. Everything is just in little FAQ-like bits that I have to read on the computer, and online so that the links work, and so much that I read turns out to be out of date.  I suppose asking for something I can print out is asking too much these days, but I would like something comprehensive that can be read from beginning to end without having to go back and forth between different documents. 

'Take Control' used to have a good manual for Dropbox but it is out of date now, and I don't think it will be updated. Can anybody point me to a good, up to date manual, either by Dropbox themselves or a third party.

Thanks. 

2 Replies 2

Re: Is there a comprehensive manual for dropbox?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Ilfracombe, thanks for posting today!

Currently, there isn't a manual as such for using Dropbox, as there are many features which also vary according to your current plan.

The Learn page of the help center might help you out when using the service, including video tutorials. 

If you have any specific questions, feel free to let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Is there a comprehensive manual for dropbox?

Ilfracombe
Explorer | Level 3

Well all I can say is that there should be. It is tedious to keep having to go online everytime I have a problem. All the features of Dropbox are explained separately and there really needs to be one volume that puts them all into context with relation to each other.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?