cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a section I can see all shared content?

Is there a section I can see all shared content?

SM-DB
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello everyone !

There is a section of Dropbox where I can see all the files that I have shared with others users of Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no such listing. When viewing your Files page, any files shared in that manner will show icons for the people you've shared them with. In the screenshot below, that's the RR icon that you see, indicating that I've shared the file with myself (through another account).

How a shared file is displayedHow a shared file is displayed

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

SM-DB
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello !

Thank you for your answer !

But I did not understand how I can see the files that I have shared with other users!
I click on the My Dropbox sharing (rainbow icon) - folders
and I see them all the folders that I have shared with other users and folders that other users have shared with me.
But if I click on - File (next to folders, always in the sharing section)
I only see the files that other users have shared with me, I can not see (as folders) the files that I have shared with others.
I would like to know if there is a way to see the files that I have shared with other users, so you have an updated list of all the files that I am sharing with other Dropbox users.

Thanks again 🙂

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If you mean shared links then have a look at www.dropbox.com/links - this shows everything you share from your account as a downloadable link.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SM-DB
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello !

Thank you for your answer

No, I will not link from which you can then download files

I mean you can see files: .PDF, .TIF, .JPG, .MP4   etc ....
I share (read-only, as individual files can be shared read-only) directly with other Dropbox users.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
The only two places (and ways to share) are shared folders (www.dropbox.com/share) or shared links (www.dropbox.com/links). So everything you share from your account will be at one of those two places.

Shared FOLDERS require a person to have a Dropbox account (regardless if you share read only or not) and use up quota on their account.
Shared LINKS can be seen by anybody with or without an account.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@SM-DB wrote:

I mean you can see files: .PDF, .TIF, .JPG, .MP4   etc ....

Hello, SM-DB...

Yes, you should be able to see the file extensions, take-a-look inside of my example folder, you should be able to see the .jpg or .txt file extensions.

The same should hold true for any of the folders/files that you view in your account.

SM-DB
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello !

Thanks for your answers

Excuse me, but obviously I have not been able to explain my problem.

Take for example this screenshot:

screenshot.JPG

I opened preview a .txt file that I saved on my dropbox account, and I clicked the share at the top right. I enter the email address of another Dropbox user and this file is properly shared.

NOT share a folder
NOT create a link
But I share this single file (PDF TIF MP4 etc ....)

In two sections:
(Www.dropbox.com/share)
(Www.dropbox.com/links)

There is no way to see all the files that I shared as shown in the screenshot above?

In the section: (www.dropbox.com/share) -> File
I only see the files that other users shared with me, but not the other!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no such listing. When viewing your Files page, any files shared in that manner will show icons for the people you've shared them with. In the screenshot below, that's the RR icon that you see, indicating that I've shared the file with myself (through another account).

How a shared file is displayedHow a shared file is displayed

cchriste
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I want to see all files for which *links* have been created, but the /links page only shows folders. 

How can I remove links that have been created?

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    cchriste Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    SM-DB Helpful | Level 6
    310EI Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?