Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is there a way to monitor how many times my shared files were downloaded?

Explorer | Level 3

I'm a new Dropbox user, and can't see an answer to this one after doing a quick search.

Is there any way I can monitor the number of times my shared files have been downloaded?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Download statistics

Super User II
Super User II
No there isnt, Sorry.

Some people put their links via things such as bit.ly to get an ESTIMATED usage but thats all.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
No there isnt, Sorry.

Some people put their links via things such as bit.ly to get an ESTIMATED usage but thats all.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is there and update to this? Can this be suggested in product development?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Why not suggest it yourself in our 'Share an Idea' section @HelpMyDragon ?

Here's a direct link for it:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

In addition, have you heard about our new feature called Dropbox Transfer? 

Dropbox Transfer enables you to choose files from within Dropbox or on your computer to quickly and easily send to others for download.

Transfers automatically expire after a period of time and enable users to download all of the files with one click.

You can use Dropbox Transfer on your Dropbox account at:

https://www.dropbox.com/transfer

Just note that it's still in the beta phase of production so you might not have direct access to it yet.

I'm suggesting this as Transfer owners can review how many visits their transfer links have received as well as how many times the files have been downloaded. Each transfer has these metrics displayed to the right of their name. If you've got this feature enabled on your account, kindly note that your transfer list can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/manage

Moreover, Transfer owners will receive an email notifying them when someone has downloaded their transfer as well in case you need to track this kind of information. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

@HelpMyDragon wrote:

Is there and update to this? Can this be suggested in product development?

Hi there!

Interestingly, I also noticed the same and was about to enquire about the same. Found your voice here. It is really good if this feature is added.  Dropbox has changed  a lot to the phase of development and advancement, over the course of its journey. I hope this is the thing that we should expect soon!

Regards

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?