cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is there a way to script Smart Sync?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, my users have requested the ability to have files automatically switch to cloud-only smart sync if they haven't opened them in X weeks. I've not been able to find guindance so far for terminal scripting such changes. I can see the properties with the command "ls -la@" , but am unsure how to manipulate them without interacting in the GUI.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Scripting Smart Sync

Super User II
Super User II

There is no command line interface for Smart Sync, and the Dropbox API has no support for managing Smart Sync settings. The only way to manage Smart SYnc is through the Dropbox GUI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

There is no command line interface for Smart Sync, and the Dropbox API has no support for managing Smart Sync settings. The only way to manage Smart SYnc is through the Dropbox GUI.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi ... checking to see if there is any new developments here?

I have a similar requirement. A customer has ~20TB of images available to be purchased for printing ... but only wants those with open orders synced; which would be ~100GB.

A FUGLY approach is to use AutoHotKeys (https://www.autohotkey.com/) to interact with the Dropbox GUI.

Any advice appreciated,

Charlie

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Nothing has changed. There's no way to manage Smart Sync programatically.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?