cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Scripting Smart Sync

Is there a way to script Smart Sync?

sholt
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, my users have requested the ability to have files automatically switch to cloud-only smart sync if they haven't opened them in X weeks. I've not been able to find guindance so far for terminal scripting such changes. I can see the properties with the command "ls -la@" , but am unsure how to manipulate them without interacting in the GUI.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no command line interface for Smart Sync, and the Dropbox API has no support for managing Smart Sync settings. The only way to manage Smart SYnc is through the Dropbox GUI.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

There is no command line interface for Smart Sync, and the Dropbox API has no support for managing Smart Sync settings. The only way to manage Smart SYnc is through the Dropbox GUI.

hawthorne
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi ... checking to see if there is any new developments here?

I have a similar requirement. A customer has ~20TB of images available to be purchased for printing ... but only wants those with open orders synced; which would be ~100GB.

A FUGLY approach is to use AutoHotKeys (https://www.autohotkey.com/) to interact with the Dropbox GUI.

Any advice appreciated,

Charlie

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Nothing has changed. There's no way to manage Smart Sync programatically.

dcuccia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
This is something that would really be a game changer for us. If we could let assets expire after minutes of use, or at least explicitly set them to online only programmatically, it would enable a number of scenarios where an app could treat assets as local, even if the total folder size was too big for any one worker machine.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dcuccia wrote:
This is something that would really be a game changer for us.

Need more support?