Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an upload status on the website just like on the desktop app?

B_V_N_816 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I've been transfering a large amount of files onto dropbox for the past few days.  I've used both the app as well as the website itself to try to figure out which would be more efficient? If you have a suggestion, please let me know.

Now, when i use the app, there is a "syncing status" which tells me how long i approximately have left until it is done, how many files is left and a pausing option. However, i can't seem to find that same "status" on the website or the capability to know what else it is uploading or pausing or cancelling the upload? 

If someone could please point me to the rigth direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

BN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there an upload status on the website just like on the desktop app?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @B_V_N_816, I hope you're having a good day so far!

When you're uploading files/folders through the website, you wouldn't be able to pause uploads like you can pause syncing.

However, when you're uploading on the website you should see a bar along the bottom of the screen, where you can click "View more details" to see what is currently uploading and what has successfully been uploaded.

In terms of efficiency, if you're uploading large amounts of data I would generally recommend using the desktop app. If your connection isn't very stable or the website times out, then uploads can fail and you would need to restart the upload.

With the desktop app, it will continue from where it left off in terms of syncing the files to your account online.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @B_V_N_816, I hope you're having a good day so far!

When you're uploading files/folders through the website, you wouldn't be able to pause uploads like you can pause syncing.

However, when you're uploading on the website you should see a bar along the bottom of the screen, where you can click "View more details" to see what is currently uploading and what has successfully been uploaded.

In terms of efficiency, if you're uploading large amounts of data I would generally recommend using the desktop app. If your connection isn't very stable or the website times out, then uploads can fail and you would need to restart the upload.

With the desktop app, it will continue from where it left off in terms of syncing the files to your account online.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

B_V_N_816 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Daphne,

thank you very much for your response.  

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

You're more than welcome @B_V_N_816, just glad that I could help out!

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to give me a nudge here.

Stay safe and have a great day ahead!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?