cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any possibility to restore my previously deleted account- together with the lost files ???

Is there any possibility to restore my previously deleted account- together with the lost files ???

SD77
New member | Level 2

Gentlemen, Out of neglience, erroneously, I deleted and closed my account with Dropbox (standard), where all my PC folders and files were placed... Now I bite my elbows and asked Dropbox technical assistance about how to restore my closed account, to be able to get my files back... After the rollback to a previous system restore point, I've lost my files/documents in my PC either...

Unfortunately, the Dropbox technical service has ignored two my enquirements, simply closed both cases 11882318 and 11882350 dated 11 January without any response (what a service indeed!)...

So my question is: if Dropbox could restore my account or technically impossible after its cancellation ?... Dead case ?...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there any possibility to restore my previously deleted account- together with the lost files

jefelipe_
New member | Level 2

Dear SD77,

I don't think you'll get your files from Dropbox because the account was deleted. 

My alternative suggestion is the following:

-Download Recuva or another file recovery software

-Run the software on your hard drive

-Try to find the Dropbox folder in your hard drive (usually you can find it inside your user folder)

-Restore the files to a new location

Files deleted from your hard drive only disappear when another file is written over them or when you do a complete cleanup on your hard drive. Therefore, maybe your files are still available through the method explained above.

If you like my answer, please indicate it as a solution and like it!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Re: Is there any possibility to restore my previously deleted account- together with the lost files

jefelipe_
New member | Level 2

Dear SD77,

I don't think you'll get your files from Dropbox because the account was deleted. 

-Try to find the Dropbox folder in your hard drive (usually you can find it inside your user folder)

Files deleted from your hard drive only disappear when another file is written over them or when you do a complete cleanup on your hard drive. Therefore, maybe your files are still available through the method explained above.

View solution in original post

SD77
New member | Level 2

Thanx a lot, Sir, for the proper answer - the best solution ! Yes, I already run my PC through Recuva, Disc Drill, Hetman, DMDE, Puran etc, yet no one of them has ever found the Dropbox folder after analyzing the C: disc... Just the working files, both corrupted and normal, but far from those I expected...

OK, I'll run it again to see if the Dropbox folders may appear in the end...

Another idea: when trying to delete the Dropbox program from my PC (which initially changed the structure and names of the working folders), I failed in ordinary way, so I tried to roll back the system to the previous restore point, and...maybe that spoiled the process...

Best regards :))

@jefelipe_ wrote:

Dear SD77,

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?