cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue removing files from VAULT

Issue removing files from VAULT

OzNick
Explorer | Level 4

Recently I tried the vault feature as a way of storing important photos and files. I uploaded approximately 60GB worth of media and files. I found another solution that suits me better and have decided to remove my files from the vault to my local hard drive.

The process was working fine until I went to bed and was not able to input the code every 20 minutes. When I woke up and tried to resume the operation, the dropbox app hung (Win 10). I restarted it, but now it is saying 'synchronising files', but nothing is downloading (there is no progress), nor am I being prompted for the pin code.

I am very concerned about my prospects of being able to recover these files. Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue removing files from VAULT

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update @OzNick, I'm sure this will be useful info for others wanting to do the same.

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @OzNick, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

If you haven't already, can you reboot your computer to see if that helps? This will refresh the app too, so might help with the stuck sync.

Once you've restarted, if the app is still not syncing, please send me a screenshot of the exact sync status, and let me know if you see any progress over some time.

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

OzNick
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Daphne for the response. I ended up deleting the folder that I had created on my hard drive, which in turn, resolved the syncing issue. I then used the website to recover deleted files and move then into a new dropbox folder.

I would suggest to anyone transferring in or out of the vault a considerable amount of files, that they should use the web interface instead of the windows/explorer app

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update @OzNick, I'm sure this will be useful info for others wanting to do the same.

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?