cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Linked Work and Personal Account and Smart Sync

Issue with Linked Work and Personal Account and Smart Sync

Levitate
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have my Work and Personal accounts linked with a Plus account, but wanted to upgrade my Work account to Professional so that I'd have Smart Sync. 

Aside from the increased space, I mainly want to upgrade from Plus to Professional to have the Smart Sync feature on my Work account. However, when I upgraded to Professional, it applied it to my Personal account instead of Work. On my Macbook, I can use the Smart Sync for my Personal account, but my Work account does not have the option (only Selective Sync option is available).  Anyone else had this issue?

Other notes: I have a team folder that I use with my Work account that was setup when I used a trial of Dropbox Business, but ended up cancelling after my trial, yet the Team folder stayed. I don't need that "Team" folder necessarily if it matters or affects how Dropbox views my account in regards to Smart Sync. I have only one other person I work closely with, so I can't justify Dropbox business for $45/mo, when really all I need is 1 Professional account for me, and 1 Plus account for my partner ($30/mo). 

Thanks for the help in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

When you downgrade or reach the end of a Dropbox Business trial period, your team may be transitioned to a free team. Since you mention that you cancelled a Dropbox Business trial and you have a personal and a work Dropbox account paired, it sounds like you’re possibly part of a Dropbox free team. Also, please note that Smart Sync is available for Dropbox Business and Professional plans, but once the team is downgraded, the feature is not available.

Finally, moving on to your concern about your plans, due to account-specific info, I’d recommend continuing via email. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

When you downgrade or reach the end of a Dropbox Business trial period, your team may be transitioned to a free team. Since you mention that you cancelled a Dropbox Business trial and you have a personal and a work Dropbox account paired, it sounds like you’re possibly part of a Dropbox free team. Also, please note that Smart Sync is available for Dropbox Business and Professional plans, but once the team is downgraded, the feature is not available.

Finally, moving on to your concern about your plans, due to account-specific info, I’d recommend continuing via email. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JediSid
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil

I am having the same problem at Levitate.

What was the solution? Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Sid

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Sid!

Could you just provide me with a bit more info on what exactly you’re experiencing so that I can help out in the best way possible? Are you trying to change your subscription, are you having some trouble with Smart Sync, or are you getting any errors? 

Also, any screenshots (excluding any personal info) illustrating your concern would also be useful. Thanks in advance! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

lautino
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have both a work and personal account.  I went to upgrade my work account to the plus account and it applied it to my personal account.  How can I have that upgrade applied to my work account?  I may be able to link these accounts, however I can no longer access my personal account and have not used it in years.  How can the upgrade be applied to my work account?  And how can my personal account be deleted so there isn't a mix-up in the future?

Thank you.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @lautino, thanks for nudging us here. 

The best way to resolve this would be to contact our Support team. 

Could you please submit a ticket via this link and let me know its ID (eg. #1234567)? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

gneb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have trouble linking a personal with a work account. When I try that option and try to sign in (my organization has SSO), I get the error message "Something went wrong." I've tried signing in and out but to no avail.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @gneb, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you try another browser and let  us know if you get the same results?

If you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot of the exact error you're getting too. 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    gneb New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    lautino New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?