cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Linked Work and Personal Account and Smart Sync

Highlighted

Issue with Linked Work and Personal Account and Smart Sync

Explorer | Level 3

I have my Work and Personal accounts linked with a Plus account, but wanted to upgrade my Work account to Professional so that I'd have Smart Sync. 

Aside from the increased space, I mainly want to upgrade from Plus to Professional to have the Smart Sync feature on my Work account. However, when I upgraded to Professional, it applied it to my Personal account instead of Work. On my Macbook, I can use the Smart Sync for my Personal account, but my Work account does not have the option (only Selective Sync option is available).  Anyone else had this issue?

Other notes: I have a team folder that I use with my Work account that was setup when I used a trial of Dropbox Business, but ended up cancelling after my trial, yet the Team folder stayed. I don't need that "Team" folder necessarily if it matters or affects how Dropbox views my account in regards to Smart Sync. I have only one other person I work closely with, so I can't justify Dropbox business for $45/mo, when really all I need is 1 Professional account for me, and 1 Plus account for my partner ($30/mo). 

Thanks for the help in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Issue with Linked Work and Personal Account and Smart Sync

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

When you downgrade or reach the end of a Dropbox Business trial period, your team may be transitioned to a free team. Since you mention that you cancelled a Dropbox Business trial and you have a personal and a work Dropbox account paired, it sounds like you’re possibly part of a Dropbox free team. Also, please note that Smart Sync is available for Dropbox Business and Professional plans, but once the team is downgraded, the feature is not available.

Finally, moving on to your concern about your plans, due to account-specific info, I’d recommend continuing via email. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

When you downgrade or reach the end of a Dropbox Business trial period, your team may be transitioned to a free team. Since you mention that you cancelled a Dropbox Business trial and you have a personal and a work Dropbox account paired, it sounds like you’re possibly part of a Dropbox free team. Also, please note that Smart Sync is available for Dropbox Business and Professional plans, but once the team is downgraded, the feature is not available.

Finally, moving on to your concern about your plans, due to account-specific info, I’d recommend continuing via email. I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil

I am having the same problem at Levitate.

What was the solution? Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Sid

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Sid!

Could you just provide me with a bit more info on what exactly you’re experiencing so that I can help out in the best way possible? Are you trying to change your subscription, are you having some trouble with Smart Sync, or are you getting any errors? 

Also, any screenshots (excluding any personal info) illustrating your concern would also be useful. Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?