cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Camera Upload

Issues with Camera Upload

Pc2fire
New member | Level 2

I’ve been having issues with my Camera Upload feature in my IOS Dropbox App. Usually when I open the app on my iPhone X, Dropbox will start locating the photos that it hasn’t uploaded yet and start uploading them. Now, it just reads “Starting camera uploads….Looking for photos” but nothing ever happens. I’ve tried closing/re-opening the app, deleting the app/re-installing, updating my IOS, deleting other photo cloud apps (Google Photos), and even upgrading to Dropbox Plus. None of these attempts have help solve my problem. Does anyone have any advice?

45 Replies 45

VicAzMelo
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

It could be that your phone has no space to run the Dropbox app. Maybe the app needs an update. Or there have been too many photos that the app can't run. Or there are too many things running on your phone simultaneously that the app can't run properly.

Norbers
New member | Level 2

I’m having this trouble too.  I have been doing camera uploads from my iPad Air (Mk 1) with no problems for several years. Now the app says "scanning library" and "backing up" but nothing is ever added to Dropbox.  The most recent photo uploaded was 24 May 2021.  There are 61 photos on the iPad which would normally be uploaded. I have updated the app but the iPad is not compatible with Apple's latest OS. 

FernandoGonzalez
Helpful | Level 5
I have the same issue, what I did so far:

1. Uninstall Dropbox app
2. Remove google photos
3. Install again
4. Check available space and I have more than 50gb
5. Also my plan it is 2TB
6. After install it again start sync but just old pictures
7. If I took new pictures it won’t upload again

Any other solution?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi there, could you try contacting the support team directly for further assistance on this matter?

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Haugaard
New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same issue on an iPhone 12 Pro (and NO.... I have PLENTY of space left on the iPhone, DropBox and the PC I link to). I need to have this fixed ASAP!! If DropBox does not have a fix the need to find one!! 

JulianH3
Helpful | Level 6

Hi all,

Since a few weeks or months I have some strange issues with the camera upload on my iPhone.

I have several new Fotos and videos in my phones gallery but the dropbox app is always showing "Running camera uploads, Scanning your photo library..." without any progress.

The only workaround that fixes the issue for the moment ist to log off from my Dropbox account in the app and login again. After reactivating camera upload it works fine as long as I do not switch to another app.I already considered that the battery must be full or charging and I activated/deactivated WIFI/mobile data. Also I activated "use cell data to back up".

Is anyone aware of a similar issue?

My setup:
iPhone X with iOS 14.6
Latest Dropbox App 242.2.2
Located in Germany (don't know if this may affect)

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @JulianH3, thanks for posting on the Community!

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, and re-installing it to see if this helps?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

JulianH3
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Jay,

I am on a basic account with three connected devices (1x iPhone, 2x Windows). Anyhow I followed your advice and uninstalled, rebooted, reimstalled the app. The camera upload started immediately as expected, but after leaving the app and re-entering, I had the same problem.

Any more suggestions?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Could you check your camera upload settings to see if background uploading is enabled?

In the iPhone settings app, does the Dropbox app have Background app refresh enabled?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    kida New member | Level 2
    jesseCambridge New member | Level 2
    AJS Explorer | Level 4
    Ade704 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?