cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Camera Upload

Issues with Camera Upload

Pc2fire
New member | Level 2

I’ve been having issues with my Camera Upload feature in my IOS Dropbox App. Usually when I open the app on my iPhone X, Dropbox will start locating the photos that it hasn’t uploaded yet and start uploading them. Now, it just reads “Starting camera uploads….Looking for photos” but nothing ever happens. I’ve tried closing/re-opening the app, deleting the app/re-installing, updating my IOS, deleting other photo cloud apps (Google Photos), and even upgrading to Dropbox Plus. None of these attempts have help solve my problem. Does anyone have any advice?

45 Replies 45

Lars J.2
New member | Level 2

Also having this problem.

Harpzzz
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue. Appears to have started after last iOS update...?  always worked fine before. Stuck on scanning photo library. it seems to work occasionally - but i can't determine what the related cause is or why. tried all troubleshooting i've seen posted - no change. Looking for answer soon....

Ade704
Helpful | Level 6

Same issue just started for me. It has been working fine for years. Opened it up today and a few of my recent photos synced but then it got stuck on 'running camera uploads' and 'scanning your photo library'. Nothing more is happening and it is so frustrating. I am on an iphone 11. Come on dropbox - fix it please!

herrweber
New member | Level 2

same prob here, just realised no uploads since july. a real quick fix seems to be signing out of db and signing in again.

Kiwiria
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks! Didn't work last time, but I tried it again, and it worked!! I'm back on track! 😄

Ade704
Helpful | Level 6

I opened a support case and to be fair they came back with a fix within 24 hours and it worked for me at first but I am back where I started again today. Here it is, just in case it works permanently for you:

If I understand correctly, you are experiencing an issue with the Dropbox Camera Uploads feature on your iPhone device.Not to worry, I will look in to this for you right away. 

As a first step, can you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:

- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”

Please note: If you do not see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again

FernandoGonzalez
Helpful | Level 5

This is my ticket information: 12778466

nickgreenfield
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue. Plenty of space on iOS iPhone 12 and in my plan with DB. The app reports scanning files but doesn't upload. Previous versions worked perfectly but even by updating the app today, logging out and back in, it won't update by uploading my camera roll. Please fix this DB, and quickly!

Kiwiria
Explorer | Level 4

... logging out and logging back in again turned out to be a very temporary fix. It synced all photos I had at the time, but it's now refusing to scan my photo library again. So apparently I need to log out/log in every time I want to sync photos....

crabbiappl
Helpful | Level 5

I am in the same situation and  have tried everything listed,  but my photos quit uploading in April 2021.  HELP!  Please, Moderator, post more info!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    kida New member | Level 2
    jesseCambridge New member | Level 2
    AJS Explorer | Level 4
    Ade704 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?