cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Camera Upload

Issues with Camera Upload

Pc2fire
New member | Level 2

I’ve been having issues with my Camera Upload feature in my IOS Dropbox App. Usually when I open the app on my iPhone X, Dropbox will start locating the photos that it hasn’t uploaded yet and start uploading them. Now, it just reads “Starting camera uploads….Looking for photos” but nothing ever happens. I’ve tried closing/re-opening the app, deleting the app/re-installing, updating my IOS, deleting other photo cloud apps (Google Photos), and even upgrading to Dropbox Plus. None of these attempts have help solve my problem. Does anyone have any advice?

45 Replies 45

crabbiappl
Helpful | Level 5

I even tried it on a brand new phone.  I had the issue since April 2021 on an iphone XS with 126g hard drive.  I have a 2T subscription, and have used 30% of that storage.  I do not allow the camera uploads file to synch with my other devices - it just sits in the cloud collecting photos.  I just set up a new iphone 12 mini with 126g hard drive, and it's doing the same thing.  I deleted the dropbox app and reinstalled it.  I turned off camera uploads, waited 20 mins and turned camera uploads back on, to no avail.  After 30 mins it stiill says "Running camera uploads.  Scanning your photo library."  And nothing is happening.  I have used camera uploads on Dropbox for maybe 5 years with no issue, but as this is the major reason that I use Dropbox, if it doesnt work, there's no point in paying for Dropbox.  They should care about this!

Ade704
Helpful | Level 6

I've been onto support and there is apparently a dropbox update that may fix this. As it happens, my problem has now disappeared so I am not doing anything more. My app updated a couple of days ago but not sure if that was me or an automatic one. 

Anyone, all is good for now. Hope you all see the same. 

AJS
Explorer | Level 4

brilliant - it worked - thanks so much!!!

jesseCambridge
New member | Level 2

Thanks so much DavidLaidlaw! That solution worked for me. I've used the Dropbox IOS app for years and, recently, I've been having the same problem many are reporting in this thread. 

I followed your steps:

-- In the Dropbox app, I turned off Camera uploads.

-- I closed the app (which may or may not necessary)

-- I reopened the app and turned Camera uploads back on.

-- Then I clicked on the Photos tab. All of my photos for the last several months immediately began uploading.

Much appreciated!

kida
New member | Level 2

Installed Dropbox on Pixel 4 running Android 12 and enabled Camera Uploads.  It uploaded some photos just fine, but then stopped.  When I click the blue 'Select photos to upload' circle in the lower left corner of the Photos tab, I see the files that haven't been uploaded automatically.  So I know Dropbox can see them, but why isn't Dropbox uploading them?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kida, let's look right into this! 

Have you tried rebooting the device at all? Also, what is the version of the Dropbox app you're using on your end? 

Let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    kida New member | Level 2
    jesseCambridge New member | Level 2
    AJS Explorer | Level 4
    Ade704 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?