cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with downloading mp4 videos onto surface pro 5

Highlighted

Issues with downloading mp4 videos onto surface pro 5

Explorer | Level 4

Hello all,

I've been trying to download mp4 video files from the online Dropbox site onto my Microsoft surface pro 5 with very little success. I click download in the drop down menu next to each video and it downloads fine, however when I go to play it, only the audio plays. I can download photos with no issue. No error message comes up either.

I've also tried downloading them onto my phone and connecting my phone and laptop with a USB cable. Again the videos transfer fine, but only play audio, and again no error message comes up.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have a lovely day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Issues with downloading mp4 videos onto surface pro 5

anonymous
Not applicable

@DeRosa 

I normally use the defult media player on my computer, but with that said I did some research to find out that the VLC Media Player scored high reviews. Also you can go to https://fossbytes.com/10-best-free-media-players-windows/ to see a list of free Media Players for Windows. I hope this helps!

----------

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @DeRosa 

I don't think that this is a Dropbox problem, as you can download the video/file. Instead I think that your computer or whatever media player you are using doesn't support the video file (file size could be too large, unsupported file, outdated, etc.). On your Microsoft Surface Pro, is your computer up to date? Sometimes updating your device can fix the issue. If none of that works I recommend that you download a different Media Player then the one your using and test out playing the file there. I hope this helps!

-----

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hello, thank you for your reply.

My computer is up to date so I'm going to assume it's an issue with the file size or length of video as I did manage to get some smaller video (mp4) files to download and play.

Are there any media players you'd suggest I try? I'm a bit of a novice so names of the applications would be fab.

Thanks again!

Highlighted

anonymous
Not applicable

@DeRosa 

I normally use the defult media player on my computer, but with that said I did some research to find out that the VLC Media Player scored high reviews. Also you can go to https://fossbytes.com/10-best-free-media-players-windows/ to see a list of free Media Players for Windows. I hope this helps!

----------

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?