cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with using Dropbox with iPad

Issues with using Dropbox with iPad

gagebiddy
Explorer | Level 3

Since I have found it virtually impossible to reach out to an actual representative from dropbox here I am asking the community... Anyways, I'm an admin with a real estate company and I have an agent who uses his iPad for business. He has the dropbox app and we have found that anytime he shares a folder with me, regardless of the email or computer being used on my side, that the shared folder auto renames itself to an old folder name. For instance, if he has a folder in dropbox labeled "right folder", and he was to rename "right folder" to "the right folder", given 15 minutes and he shares it to me, it goes by the wrong folder name by either sending as the old "right folder" name or something totally and completely wrong. Any help appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Re: Issues with using dropbox with iPad

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @gagebiddy, let's see what we can find on this. 

Generally, when someone renames a shared folder, the change isn't reflected on everyone's accounts to avoid confusion. 

For this reason, it sounds like the folder in question was already shared and the user added you to it. 

Just for troubleshooting purposes, could you ask the user to unshare the folder completely, rename it to something else, and then re-share it? 

Let me know of any updates, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gagebiddy
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Lusil,

The thing is, the agent shares with me individual folders, not all of the dropbox folders. For instance, if he makes a new folder and adds some files to it, then renames it before he shares it to me, and then he shares it, either it will come back to me with the old name or it will be named something entirely different but the correct files would be there.

Any help appreciated, if you need some sort of screen recording, let me know.

Lusil
Dropboxer
What do you and the other user see when you preview the folder on the website? 

Also, could you make sure that the apps and your OSes are up to date?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?