cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It does not work, files I save at work don't show at home and vice versa. Any help?

It does not work, files I save at work don't show at home and vice versa. Any help?

Elwest
Explorer | Level 3

I have used Dropbox for several years and been very happy with it. I have worked from my Mac at home and my PC at work and never had any problems finding my work saved. This has suddenly changed. When I save something at work, I can only find the original file at home. The same the other way around.

Anyone having an idea what have happened??

5 Replies 5

Re: It does not work, files I save at work don't show at home and vice versa. Any help?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi @Elwest, I hope you're well today!

When you notice this issue, if you check the file that you edited in your account online, do you see the changes that you made?

Also, what does the sync status say on the device that you're checking the file from?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: It does not work, files I save at work don't show at home and vice versa. Any help?

Elwest
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to find this "sync status" without luck so far. But I will keep looking 😉 I will come back to you when or if I give up...

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me here @Elwest

You should be able to find this by hovering over, or clicking, the Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray, near the time and date display on your computer.

I'll be happy to continue whenever you have the chance to check on this, just drop me a post here when you have the time!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Elwest
Explorer | Level 3

Hello again.

I am looking for this sync-option, but I cannot find it...

I have the Dropbox icon in my toolbar on my old Mac. But I cant`t find anything about synchronize there.

I have started to wonder if its possible that I have two versions of Dropbox? I pay for one account, so I can not really understand how that could happen. 

I bought a new Mac just before Christmas. I transferred everything from my old machine to my new one using Bluethooth (I think. I got a question about transferring and answered yes...), and at first everything looked ok. Dropbox was also transferred. But now things seem to be stored lokal in some way. The computers can not see whats written on the other computer. 

Daphne
Dropboxer
Could you send me a screenshot of the Dropbox icon that you're referring to @Elwest?

The visual will be helpful to make sure that we're on the same page, and might make navigating this a bit easier.

Also, on the off chance that it just transferred the app over and the app isn't running, can you open your Applications list and see if Dropbox is listed there?

If so, try double clicking that to see if you find a Dropbox icon appear next to the time display in the menu bar.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?