cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just noticed a new feature - View Sync Issues - Great but...

Just noticed a new feature - View Sync Issues - Great but...

propppbox
Explorer | Level 3

New Dropbox Business setup, Dropbox client 90.4.307 on macOS, there is a new menu item: "View Sync Issues" which shows all of the sync issues. It's amazing to finally have this. It lists all of the files/folders with sync issues, the with file/folder names, an issue synopsis, a link to take you to the file, and a link to the support article for that issue type. One problem is that it lists every file under a folder with a sync issue (e.g. folder name with a trailing space) as having the same problem as the folder when they do not. There also seems to be a maximum number of files that can be listed at one time. It's a start and really helped me with an initial sync. I hope this feature will keep improving. Someday we'll be able to see the logs. 🙂

6 Replies 6

Celeste
Dropboxer

Hi there @propppbox

It's great to read our new Sync Issues feature is useful to your workflow!

Thank you for sharing your notes regarding the folder sub-content and # of file names! :books: If you stumble on to any additional feedback moving forwards please do reach out to us here again! 

Thanks.

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

propppbox
Explorer | Level 3

Being able to export or otherwise copy the list when there are a large number of items would be extremely helpful. Also, it's currently reporting that it cannot download about 62 items because they are "locked". It's very strange that it would need to download anything, as this is the only computer that is syncing. No files have been added to Dropbox from any web browsers, other accounts, or other computers. Also, the files in question are not "locked" in the Finder. The "Go to file" link in the View Sync Issues window, for download issues, I think is supposed to send me to the Dropbox website location for the file, but this doesn't work. The browser opens with a local temp file URL, which is inaccessible.PastedGraphic-1.png

propppbox
Explorer | Level 3

I tried again with the Go to file, and it worked this time. It does seem to open a link file from a temp folder, rather than send a URL, but whatever problem I was having with this process earlier may be cleared up. The download issue may be a consequence of earlier sync issues as well. The "lock" issue seems like an error in Dropbox.

Celeste
Dropboxer

Hey there @propppbox,

I am glad to read the issue was resolved!

If the behaviour comes back or if you experience any other issues moving forwards do let us know. 

Thanks!

Celeste

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

propppbox
Explorer | Level 3

All of the "locked" file issues went away as the sync completed.

Celeste
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update, @propppbox!

We'll be here if you need us. 

Thanks!

Celeste

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?