cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Photoshop files with layers

Large Photoshop files with layers

New member | Level 2

I am thinking of upgrading my Dropbox plan.  Can I save large format documents with many layers (psb as opposed to psd files) in dropbox?

3 Replies 3

Re: Large Photoshop files with layers

Super User II

@GrapesMaria wrote:

I am thinking of upgrading my Dropbox plan.  Can I save large format documents with many layers (psb as opposed to psd files) in dropbox?

About 90% of the 140GB of files in my account are Photoshop files, with many of them being around 75-100MB in size and having 100+ of layers. I've never had a problem.

New member | Level 2

thank you for your response.  my photos are usually 2-5 GB, i have to save it as a large format file.  have you ever saved any photos with the psb (as opposed to psd) file format.

Super User II

@GrapesMaria wrote:

have you ever saved any photos with the psb (as opposed to psd) file format.

Yes, I have a few, but none that are near that size. It really shouldn't be a problem. Dropbox is just a folder on your computer like any other, and the content is synced to your account online. When working on your files, they're still on your computer locally.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?