cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large transfer to Dropbox, how?

Large transfer to Dropbox, how?

Magnus
New member | Level 2
I've 1.5T to transfer to Dropbox from an external network drive, in total approx 105.000 files. How do I do that in the best way? Have auto smart sync on and a 1000 line. But still it says 3 months if I drag the whole folder over.
1 Reply 1

Re: Large transfer to Dropbox, how?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Magnus, thanks for posting today! 

When you copy and then paste the content from the external drive, inside your Dropbox folder that'll start syncing your content. 

Please note that the time you see is an "instant" estimate based on the current upload speed. This value can change if you check the value just a few seconds later.

As for Smart Sync, the files would need to be synced locally, then changed to online-only. 

If I were you, I'd try doing it in smaller bunches, and changing to online-only as they go.

I hope this clarifies.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?