cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit of invitations ERROR

Limit of invitations ERROR

antoxic
Helpful | Level 5

Hi.

I've been trying to create a shared folder and invite 1 (and only 1) person. I've not created any shared folder in months nor invited anybody. But, I'm getting a message saying:

You’ve hit the limit of invitations you can send per day. Please try again in 24 hours.

After I got this message, I waited for more than 24 hours and tried to share a folder again with only 1 person and I got the same message. Can somebody check my account, please? I've tried to contact support, but the only option I found is to write here.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limit of invitations ERROR

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @antoxic, thanks for dropping by. 

Since you've already mention that you've waited 24 hours, I've sent you a ticket to have a better look into this together. 

When you get the chance, have a look at your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @antoxic, thanks for dropping by. 

Since you've already mention that you've waited 24 hours, I've sent you a ticket to have a better look into this together. 

When you get the chance, have a look at your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Krzyniu Z
Explorer | Level 4

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Additionally the invitees report they cannot download files from my box. Can I get some help please?

Krzyniu Z
Explorer | Level 4

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Additionally the invitees report they cannot download files from my box because of traffic limitation. Can I get some help please?

antoxic
Helpful | Level 5

Unfortunately, you will have to contact the support. They've been looking few days at my problem and two or three different operators contacted me. Some time ago there was one file classified as malware on my Dropbox and the account was restricted. I'm not 100% sure that this was the probnlem, but they finally managed to unlock my account and I'm happy 🙂

Maybe @Lusil  can also help you.

Regards

Philipmorris
Explorer | Level 3

I am very frustrated with the same exceeded invites message after a week of trying.  I also get the message constantly now that I cannot create a link.  Support is just too difficult to connect with and I am desperate to get this fixed.  

[removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Philipmorris, thanks for joining us on this discussion. 

Just to clarify, are you still getting the error message? 

If so, are you getting it when you're trying to share from the website, the desktop app, and the mobile app?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

philipmorris1
New member | Level 2

i get the error on all mobile devices, computer and on the web site.

I am answering from a new address because while I was logged into the community site as philipmorris, the only way to take a next step was to start over as a new user.

I am beyond frustrated.........thanks for helping.

Also, I have not been able to create a link in months.......

Lusil
Dropboxer

Could you submit a ticket to our team from this link, via an incognito window, without signing in?

Once you do that, you can let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) associated with it. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

philipmorris1
New member | Level 2

I am sorry, I have been on that page 50 times, there is no place to start a support ticket.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    imokel New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
    Peet4323 Explorer | Level 3
    philipmorris1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?