cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked a new phone, lost my stuff.

Linked a new phone, lost my stuff.

DoesNotEqual
New member | Level 2

I got a new phone (Galaxy A32), got Dropbox on it, and linked the phone's Google account to my Dropbox, whereupon all of my Dropbox files vanished. I've checked my Gmail and Yahoo 'boxes, but they're both dead empty. The Dropbox folder on my PC has nothing I can use. My Events and Deleted Files are no help. Where are my files? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Linked a new phone, lost my stuff.

Mark
Super User II

If they are not showing up at www.dropbox.com/events then I'm afraid they were never on Dropbox. 

You can see the last time your computers were linked/sync'd to Dropbox at www.dropbox.com/account/security 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

What does Event show? Is it showing the files being removed/added etc.?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DoesNotEqual
New member | Level 2

No, it only tells me I linked my PC to my account a few hours ago.

Mark
Super User II

My *guess* is that you've accidentally set up a new account - especially if your old google account was say, @googlemail.com and this is now @gmail.com 

Dropbox would view this as 2 accounts while Google doesnt

DoesNotEqual
New member | Level 2

It's my old Gmail account, which I'd been using with Dropbox for a while. I even double-checked to see if I'd made a mistake and used my Yahoo account, but that one's empty, too (and I didn't really use it). What happened to my files?

Mark
Super User II

If they are not showing up at www.dropbox.com/events then I'm afraid they were never on Dropbox. 

You can see the last time your computers were linked/sync'd to Dropbox at www.dropbox.com/account/security 

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?