cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Links created with the right mouse button, do not expire automatically?

Links created with the right mouse button, do not expire automatically?

FJR_
Helpful | Level 6

Hi!

I am creating links for downloads directly from Windows, just by right-clicking, selecting: Copy Dropbox link.

- A private file, never shared, nor with sharing link generated, if I copy the link via Windows does it automatically generate a public link and that never expires?

- How can I manage in batch if I want to cancel all the public links to hundreds of files in folders?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Hi @FJR_ 

No they do not automatically expire and I am afraid there is no batch deletion process. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @FJR_ 

No they do not automatically expire and I am afraid there is no batch deletion process. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

FJR_
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the answer @Mark !

Can you confirm if you will always start the link?

https: //www.dropbox.com/s / ........

There is some way the link is based on my username for example:

https: //www.dropbox.com/s/ MARK / ..........

Things of this type, could be useful for example to identify if that URL in the system is from a file that has as owner someone pre-authorized ...

If this is not possible yet, where can I request this feature?

Thanks!

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @FJR_, happy Monday! 

At the moment, this isn't possible, but that sounds like a great feature request! 

You can always go to our 'Share an idea' page right here, and drop your thoughts and proposals there.

If you need anything else, give me a shout. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?