cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links no longer work for others but work for me

Links no longer work for others but work for me

arism74
New member | Level 2

Hello

A few weeks ago, I created a document with links to several Dropbox documents, which were working fine for me and the other users I sent it to. I was just emailed by them, however, who said that links no longer work for them. I opened my version of the document, click on them and they work fine, taking me to the Dropbox page where the document is. I re-sent the documents to them but they say still they cannot access them. Any suggestions on what may have happened? I did not change the location of the folder with the files and I had not set expiry date for the links.

Kind regards

Aris

3 Replies 3

Re: Links no longer work for others but work for me

Mark
Super User II

What is the error they are seeing? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

arism74
New member | Level 2

The error message is 'Unable to open https://www..etc etc. Cannot download the information you requested'

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @arism74, could you try the link from your end again, but using an incognito window? 

Could you also ask the other users to try previewing the shared link from another browser?

If you could send us a screenshot of the error message, that would be super helpful.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?