cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Listen to music via dropbox

Listen to music via dropbox

jan m.17
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I placed my music in dropbox. If I want to listen directly using dropbox, I can listen only to one song at a time I had to select an other song in a folder to listen again. Is there a possibility to listen to more songs or a complete CD?

78 Replies 78

jetpeach
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does anybody know if there is an app for Kubuntu (or Ubuntu) that allows playlists using music from the dropbox cloud? I saw something about Clementine, but wondering if there are other options (would love KDE/QT based solution, although GTK would be OK)

Thanks, jetpeach

Minit
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jetpeach. I use Ubuntu, and the only player with integrated Dropbox is as you said Clementine. However, I use GMusicbrowser since my Dropbox music is on my hard drive. Therefore, everything I do locally is synced in the cloud. So I can use any music player, edit files and artwork, and everything get synced.

The drawback is of course that you need to keep all your Dropbox content on hard drive, which takes up loads of hd space.

sandgren
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I use CloudBeats music player on iOS and works perfectly for me.

Alana2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good suggestion!

For iOS, I swear by Documents6 by Readdle.  I really miss it on the Android platform.  What those guys have done in terms of reliable off-line sync, and of built-in players and readers - and for free - is truly remarkable.

In fact, it so much makes the Google Drive app look like useless rubbish that I uninstalled it and just use Documents6 on my mobile devices to access Google Drive instead!  But I digress 🙂

Jerome D.3
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
+1 for CloudBeats

Boyto84
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Try down loading airbeats, I it's associated with drop box that should do ya

kensocal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can't even register on that website. full of errors.

lsnizek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I would love to see a feature that would allow me to play a whole directory of MP3. Whether that is understanding an M3U file or advancing to next audio file in a directory.

I wouldn't want Dropbox to aspire to be a music player but basic playback is just a handy feature.

Similarly, while Dropbox is not a photo library application, it can advance to next picture in a directory.

Alex L.3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sometimes **bleep** happens, you know. Looks like this is the case. It worked when I registered, I have my account and use it.

Maybe they had some issues with their hoster. I don't know.

Try now, maybe it works.

Alex L.3
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Take a look at their Dropbox player demo page - [link to external website removed according to our Community Guidelines]

Actually it's not a player at all, it's just an HTML page with a list of Dropbox mp3. Just create a Dropbox app, then add its credentials to your account. Then open this player page and it will play all your mp3.

Need more support?