cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Listen to music via dropbox

Neil W.6
Helpful | Level 5

5 years on ....

I was at least hoping for a very very basic playlist feature by now to be honest. 

Another reason for doing this is customers who deal with audio for a living can then use Dropbox for work. I've just come from a community discussion with Sync artists, many of whom want to use Dropbox, but have to turn to other services because of a lack of a basic playlist feature.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi people; thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this. 

I know this is not much, but I found some related ideas you might find interesting. 

In that case, you could all up-vote the ones you like and would like to see implemented or integrated with our services:

See you around the Community and thanks for the feedback!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

likho1eye
Explorer | Level 4

These ideas are not related and are not interesting. Just let us access the shared folder from other apps of our choosing. That's it. No need for streaming, or implementing playback, or integration with some other services.

You know what I do right now? I connect my phone via USB cable to my PC, manually copy the musing files I want, then play them using the app of my choice. Why can't I do exact same thing by making a folder available offline in Dropbox? That's really all I want, super simple.

Rtipping2001
Explorer | Level 4

For desktop try https://www.expandrive.com/desktop/ to turn any cloud directory into a network drive aim any media player at the new drive letter.

For phone, cloudbeats stream from dropbox onto your phone tablet Android and IOS.

PG_VoiceFirst
Explorer | Level 3
Actually, you can listen the music from Dropbox now with this Alexa skill:
https://www.amazon.com/Voice-Activity-Ltd-Sound-Stream/dp/B08NDD6TWZ

You can create multiple playlists and share them across all your Echo devices.
You may found this quick tutorial helpful:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gfLWlKQmwM

wesleyhiggins
New member | Level 2

The workaround I found is to load your music library to Amazon Music.  Then Alexia will play on your devices like your car or phone.

NikZ
Helpful | Level 6

Also pCloud (Music Player) plays HiRes music files without first having to ‘make available offline!’ If Dropbox could introduce something similar (a music player), WOW that would be supreme!

Yuikol
Collaborator | Level 8

This thread is like going to McDonald's and asking them to fix your car.

Tex J.
Explorer | Level 3

There's just no good options for making a mix for someone these days.  Dropbox clearly has some advanced player technology built in, like the gallery and video player are both amazing. 

The "Solution" for this doesn't work. There's no music integrated service that makes it easy to make a mix and share it with someone without that person also going through a complicated install process. 

Need more support?