cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listen to music via dropbox

Listen to music via dropbox

jan m.17
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I placed my music in dropbox. If I want to listen directly using dropbox, I can listen only to one song at a time I had to select an other song in a folder to listen again. Is there a possibility to listen to more songs or a complete CD?

78 Replies 78

Neil W.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

5 years on ....

I was at least hoping for a very very basic playlist feature by now to be honest. 

Another reason for doing this is customers who deal with audio for a living can then use Dropbox for work. I've just come from a community discussion with Sync artists, many of whom want to use Dropbox, but have to turn to other services because of a lack of a basic playlist feature.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi people; thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this. 

I know this is not much, but I found some related ideas you might find interesting. 

In that case, you could all up-vote the ones you like and would like to see implemented or integrated with our services:

See you around the Community and thanks for the feedback!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

likho1eye
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

These ideas are not related and are not interesting. Just let us access the shared folder from other apps of our choosing. That's it. No need for streaming, or implementing playback, or integration with some other services.

You know what I do right now? I connect my phone via USB cable to my PC, manually copy the musing files I want, then play them using the app of my choice. Why can't I do exact same thing by making a folder available offline in Dropbox? That's really all I want, super simple.

Rtipping2001
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

For desktop try https://www.expandrive.com/desktop/ to turn any cloud directory into a network drive aim any media player at the new drive letter.

For phone, cloudbeats stream from dropbox onto your phone tablet Android and IOS.

PG_VoiceFirst
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Actually, you can listen the music from Dropbox now with this Alexa skill:
https://www.amazon.com/Voice-Activity-Ltd-Sound-Stream/dp/B08NDD6TWZ

You can create multiple playlists and share them across all your Echo devices.
You may found this quick tutorial helpful:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gfLWlKQmwM

wesleyhiggins
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The workaround I found is to load your music library to Amazon Music.  Then Alexia will play on your devices like your car or phone.

NikZ
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Also pCloud (Music Player) plays HiRes music files without first having to ‘make available offline!’ If Dropbox could introduce something similar (a music player), WOW that would be supreme!

Yuikol
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

This thread is like going to McDonald's and asking them to fix your car.

Tex J.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There's just no good options for making a mix for someone these days.  Dropbox clearly has some advanced player technology built in, like the gallery and video player are both amazing. 

The "Solution" for this doesn't work. There's no music integrated service that makes it easy to make a mix and share it with someone without that person also going through a complicated install process. 

KyleeMaloney
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For an "experienced collaborator" that little gem was woefully unspecific and did not advance the argument by one iota. If you have something cogent to share, please give us the benefit of that vaunted "experience", or else hold your peace. Quips like that one are singularly unhelpful.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jan m.17 Helpful | Level 6
    Grae Matter Explorer | Level 4
    PG_VoiceFirst Explorer | Level 4
    Gizmofo New member | Level 2
    gravelld Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?