cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live photos

Live photos

Gutarx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Does Dropbox support Live Photo’s?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucuma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

According to Dropbox website: Yes, you’re able to save or back up iOS Live Photos to Dropbox. To transfer your Live and Burst Mode photos from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac computer, you can manually upload each file to your Dropbox account. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to automatically transfer Live Photos from Apple devices via camera uploads at this time. Source: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/features/sync/transfer-photos#:~:text=Can%20I%20save%20or%20back,file%....

On my experience, a live photo is often saved as two files when you're outside of the Apple ecosystem: 1 still photo + 1 short video.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lucuma
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

According to Dropbox website: Yes, you’re able to save or back up iOS Live Photos to Dropbox. To transfer your Live and Burst Mode photos from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac computer, you can manually upload each file to your Dropbox account. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to automatically transfer Live Photos from Apple devices via camera uploads at this time. Source: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/features/sync/transfer-photos#:~:text=Can%20I%20save%20or%20back,file%....

On my experience, a live photo is often saved as two files when you're outside of the Apple ecosystem: 1 still photo + 1 short video.

TERRACE_87
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Dropbox will freeze if you try to upload a live photo that was copied to your camera roll. For some reason you have to choose between camera roll or live photos for your location to upload from.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TERRACE_87 Collaborator | Level 9
    Lucuma Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?