cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local files not syncing to cloud

Local files not syncing to cloud

erdomi
New member | Level 2

I just started using smart sync because I was filling up the space on some of the computers that I use.  But when I access a file locally and save it, I see a message saying that the file saved locally on my PC.  I was assuming that my files would be backed up on the Dropbox cloud as well so that I could access them when I got to work, but this has failed me twice now.  It seems I have to go to the file and select "Online Only" to get the file to sync to dropbox.  How can I get automatic syncing as before?  Must local files be "Local Only" or can they be local AND be synced to the Dropbox cloud (as it worked before I turned on smart sync)?

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply 1

Re: Local files not syncing to cloud

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @erdomi; welcome to our Community!

Can you please send me a screenshot of a sample file showing this behavior?

Could it be that you were using selective sync on those before you started using Smart Sync?

Do you see those files on our website, regardless of their status, be it Local or Online Only?

Any additional information will be most appreciated! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?