cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic Files not Downloading

Logic Files not Downloading

jamesfrost21
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Community

I am uploading packaged Logic Pro X files to Dropbox. They upload fine and appear online.

However, when I download them from Dropbox, they do not download correctly and I cannot open them. Certain folders and files get downloaded but not the actual Logic Project file.

It must be something to do with them being a 'package'.

Note: Not using SmartSync. I have cleared the cache and tried on Safari and Chrome...same result. All other uploaded files (PDF, JPeg, Word etc) are downloading normally. So this is specific to these Logic files.

Does anyone else have experience of using Logic files for Dropbox?

The worry is that if I lose the local files, then the online files are not actually retrieveable. Dropbox says they are there...but I cannot download them in the form that I am uploading them.

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jamesfrost21 wrote:

It must be something to do with them being a 'package'.

jamesfrost21
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Big thanks for replying Rich. I really appreciate you taking the time.

I zipped them, and uploaded a zipped files. That works better when downloaded...everything is restored. Solved. J

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jamesfrost21 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?