cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Logic Pro X Files being converted to folders... can't open

Logic Pro X Files being converted to folders... can't open

joepope7
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having an issue with Logic Pro X files being converted to folders which can't be opened.  I see that this was previously reported but no solution was ever published so i'll repost it here.

dropbox seems to be doing something strange with Logic pro X project files.

when I add the project file on dropbox, it' hiding the files (for example - I've got a folder within that it has the project file and other files), rather then the same files showing as it dose on my local machine,  

I get 3 folders on dropbox: Alternative, media, resources (the root folder I create has the same label). in which there seems to be lots of different files, but not the actual project file or the original file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paler
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, thank you! I tried to save the logic project as a folder, rather than a package, and it worked! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Celeste
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @joepope7, welcome back! 

Sorry to hear you did not get a solution to the issue you are having with Logic Pro X files, it appears that your last post was solved due to inactivity

In order for us to be able to look into this, could you provide me with the below info?

• Screenshots of what you are seeing/any errors.
  • Are you getting the same behaviour on both a different browser and incognito/private mode?
  • How are you uploading these Logic Pro X files (via the website, or the Dropbox desktop app)?

Thank you in advance!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

joepope7
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It doesn't matter if i'm online or in the app, the result is the same.  First let me tell you normal behavior.  Typically I can open a logic file and it opens it via the app, OR in Logic i open the file from there by clicking on the parent folder.  It loads all the relevant data and off i go.  

Happy Path Parent:  I click on the folder and open it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8upiussavu00azn/Screenshot%202019-09-11%2020.47.06.png?dl=0

Happy Path When Selected:  The files load and the file loads into Logic Pro X normally.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2sbjsch1q7ck6s/Screenshot%202019-09-11%2020.48.20.png?dl=0

In this case, if i click on the parent file from dropbox it opens up to the 3 folders i mentioned earlier.  if I continue to drill down i'll eventually get to individual audio files.  IF i click on those then it opens up I-tunes and tries to play it that way.

Sad Path Parent:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/720bsyu7o8a9uik/Screenshot%202019-09-11%2020.42.18.png?dl=0

Sad Path Children:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u98bfcluydnn751/Screenshot%202019-09-11%2020.43.36.png?dl=0

Celeste
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thank you for the detailed info @joepope7!

In order to look into this a bit deeper, I have reached out to you via email to the email address associated with your Community profile.

Do keep an eye out for my email and send me a quick reply when you can so that we can continue working on this together. 

Thanks!

Celeste
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

JustinMM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I am having a similar problem with my Logic Pro session in Dropbox. I have shared it with others who are able to open the Session, but when I try to I get only a 383 MB file and no audio files. I can see the audio files in Dropbox (web) (Alt, Media, Resources) but the app (Logic) is not accessing/opening them as it usually does.

logicuser
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I was having similar issues, moving logic project files, not the logic folders but the self contained logic files that launch logic when you double click on it, and they were showing up in the shared folder as three folders of stuff. Then, around four weeks ago, I moved a logic file into a shared folder and it worked fine. The person on the other end saw it appear and was able to double click it and launch logic. Before we had to zip the logic file then unzip after dragging it from the shared folder, which was more difficult than just sending it as an attachment etc

Paler
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem. If anyone could help me out, i would be blessed!

Thanks in advance:)

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Paler; thanks for joining our Community and sorry for the late response.

If you're still having issues with this, it may be coming down to the type of the files in question as I believe those are actually containers or package files.

Let me know if this helps! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Paler
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, thank you! I tried to save the logic project as a folder, rather than a package, and it worked! 🙂

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries @Paler; I'm glad I could help to some extent. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and see you around the Community! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?