cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for best solution - re. Team Folder vs Shared Folder

Looking for best solution - re. Team Folder vs Shared Folder

jcemcc
New member | Level 2

I am currently doing some "spring cleaning"/reorganizing of our organization's Dropbox folder. I am looking for advice on the following matter... we have a National Team that regularly used our Dropbox folders but we have a National Board that needs access to our "Org-Wide" policies, files, branding etc. Do I simply create a Shared Folder called Org-Wide and invite who I want to it? Or do I create a Org-Wide Team Folder and share sub-folders with the National Board? Looking for best solution. To be clear the National Board members are not Dropbox Team members (they are outside the org./Dropbox with their own personal accounts.

Thanks for any wisdom.

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Looking for best solution - re. Team Folder vs Shared Folder

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @jcemcc, thanks for posting on the Community and happy Monday!

Since the people you'd like to be sharing with have their own accounts, the best approach would be creating shared folders instead of team folders. 

Let us know if you have any follow up questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Looking for best solution - re. Team Folder vs Shared Folder

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @jcemcc, thanks for posting on the Community and happy Monday!

Since the people you'd like to be sharing with have their own accounts, the best approach would be creating shared folders instead of team folders. 

Let us know if you have any follow up questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?