cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help understanding how to edit in Mac shared files created on PC

Looking for help understanding how to edit in Mac shared files created on PC

KJC2
New member | Level 2

= Help to understand editing shared files

Hi  Community

I am having trouble understanding how to open, edit and then save shared files.  I am part of a work team who use PC and word , excel etc  I use a Mac .  When I open a file and edit it and then save they are saving on my computer only and not in the shared file on  dropbox.  What am I doing wrong?  Have I set something up wrongly ?  Thanks for your help and advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Looking for help understanding how to edit in Mac shared files created on PC

Mark
Super User II

Hi @KJC2 

How are you opening them? If its via the website you then need to reupload back to Dropbox. 

The easiest way to edit files quickly is download and install the Dropbox software from www.dropbox.com/downloading and then open the files from inside those folders and work on them from there. That will auto reupload them for you

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Looking for help understanding how to edit in Mac shared files created on PC

Mark
Super User II

Hi @KJC2 

How are you opening them? If its via the website you then need to reupload back to Dropbox. 

The easiest way to edit files quickly is download and install the Dropbox software from www.dropbox.com/downloading and then open the files from inside those folders and work on them from there. That will auto reupload them for you

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?