cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing data from a stored file

Highlighted

Loosing data from a stored file

New member | Level 2

I have an excel file stored in Dropbox that I update every day. Yesterday (Saturday) I noticed Friday's data was missing. I reentered that along with Saturday's data. When I went to enter today's (Sunday) data, my entries back to Wednesday were missing.  This has happened at other times with other files.  Help.  Wednesday's and Thursday's data is gone and can not be reproduced.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Loosing data from a stored file

Dropboxer

Hey @elof69, I hope you're well today!

Just so that I can have a better understanding of the issue that you're having here, can you clarify for me where you're editing this file from? Eg. locally on your computer, through the website or the mobile app.

Also, are you editing the file from the same location each time you've accessed the files for editing? 

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I am working from a personal computer with an internet connection to a file stored in Dropbox.  (I have moved the file to Google Sheet, which has not given me any issues to date.)

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @elof69.

If you check the version history for the file, do you see the edits that you made on those days? This will let us know if those changes were synced to your Dropbox account.

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?