cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Losing the end of files

Highlighted

Losing the end of files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have noticed that when I upload mp3 files at 192 kbps into DropBox that the file gets shortened. The longer the file, the more it gets shortened. I do not have this problem when uploading mp3's at 128kbps and below. We are talking about 1 second per 10 minutes of audio. The files aren't time compressed. When others open the file, the end is cut off. The easy answer is  to add a few seconds of dead space, but I feel I shouldn't have to do this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The answer to this problem appears to be related to Adobe software upgrades as opposed to a DropBox problem. Some of our partners would like certain mp3 files saved at 192 kbps. Adobe 1.0 doesn't appear to offer that setting; therefore we use Adobe CS6 program to save at 192 in the Dropbox folder. It turns out that when you open those files using Adobe 1.0 the files are cut and the longer the file the greater the cut. It appears to be about 1 second per 10-12 minutes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I believe I found my own answer on this.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @sclarke1 - welcome to our Community 

Care to share the answer you found with us here as it might help other users bumping into the same issue? 

Thanks so much and happy 2020! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The answer to this problem appears to be related to Adobe software upgrades as opposed to a DropBox problem. Some of our partners would like certain mp3 files saved at 192 kbps. Adobe 1.0 doesn't appear to offer that setting; therefore we use Adobe CS6 program to save at 192 in the Dropbox folder. It turns out that when you open those files using Adobe 1.0 the files are cut and the longer the file the greater the cut. It appears to be about 1 second per 10-12 minutes.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?